This funny, smart and engaging film from acclaimed director Benedikt Erlingsson (Of Horses and Men) is by turns heartwarming and hilarious featuring a stand-out performance by Halldóra Geirharðsdóttir in the role of feisty female protagonist Halla. WOMAN AT WAR is available now on DVD, Blu-ray and Digital. To promote the release we have 2 copies to give away on DVD.
Just answer the following question.
To her friends, Halla leads a quiet and routine existence. But her happy and upbeat exterior hides a secret double life as a committed environmental activist. Known to others only by her alias ‘The Woman of the Mountain’, she secretly wages a one-woman-war on the local aluminium industry to protect the stunning highland landscape that is under threat. Just as she begins planning her biggest and boldest operation yet, she receives an unexpected letter that will change everything. She will be forced to choose between her environmental crusade and the chance of fulfilling her dream of becoming a mother. Funny, moving and utterly unique, WOMAN AT WAR follows Halla as she juggles the adoption of a beautiful little girl whilst planning her final act of industrial sabotage.
Celebrated by audiences and critics globally, WOMAN AT WAR is an unmissable comedy-drama which captures the zeitgeist of today’s environmental issues and modern motherhood.
DVD & BLU-RAY – Special Features:
INTERVIEW WITH BENEDIKT ERLINGSSON AND HALLDÓRA GEIRHARÐSDÓTTIR (29 MINS APPROX)
WOMAN OF WAR is out on DVD, BLU-RAY & DIGITAL 16 SEPTEMBER 2019
Terms & Conditions
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted via https://www.flushthefashion.com/ and only one entry per person is permitted.
- The opening date for entries is 17th Sept 2019. The closing date of the prize draw is 12th Oct 2019. Entries received after this time will not be valid
- [The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault [technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure] of any kind
- A winner will be chosen by random draw [performed by a computer process on 13th Oct 2019
- The winner must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by post within 28 days of being notified of their win.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so].
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is Flush the Fashion