STUDIOCANAL is delighted to announce the release of the newly-restored classic British film noir, THE SLEEPING TIGER, on Blu-Ray for the first time, as well as on DVD and Digital from November 7th and we have 2 copies of the movie to give away on Blu-Ray.
To be in the draw just answer the question below…..
Synopsis – The Sleeping Tiger
Directed by Joseph Losey (under the credit of Victor Hanbury), the film was the first collaboration between Dirk Bogarde (The Servant, Accident) and Losey (The Go-Between, Mr. Klein) and marked the beginning of one of British cinema’s most important actor/director partnerships. Also starring Alexis Smith (The Age of Innocence) and Alexander Knox (Wilson), The Sleeping Tiger, looking better than ever and featuring brand-new bonus material, is a welcome addition to the ever-expanding Vintage Classics collection.
On its initial theatrical release, Victor Hanbury, the film’s producer, was credited as director rather than Joseph Losey. Blacklisted at the time after refusing to testify before the 1951 House Committee on Un-American Activities, and in desperate need of work, Losey convinced the producer to take the credit.
A psychiatrist, Clive Esmond (Alexander Knox) catches young gunman Frank Clemens (Dirk Bogarde) breaking into his house. Rather than send him to prison, Esmond invites the delinquent to stay at his home as a social guinea pig, believing that he can curb the fugitive’s criminal tendencies. Further tensions arise, however, when the youth begins an affair with Esmond’s wife (Alexis Smith).
NEW Interview with Dirk Bogarde’s official biographer, John Coldstream
NEW Interview with Matthew Sweet
Behind the Scenes Stills Gallery
Running Time: 89 mins / Cert: U
Terms & Conditions
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted via https://www.flushthefashion.com/ and only one entry per person is permitted.
- The opening date for entries is 13th Oct 2022. The closing date of the prize draw is 13th Nov 2022. Entries received after this time will not be valid
- [The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault [technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure] of any kind
- A winner will be chosen by random draw [performed by a computer process on 9th July
- 2 Winners will each receive a copy of the Blu-Ray
- The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) before 15th Nov 2022 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by post within 28 days of being notified of their win.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so].
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is Flush the Fashion