STUDIOCANAL is delighted to announce the release of the newly-restored British comedy, The Galloping Mayor & crime thriller, The Flying Scot available to own on Blu-Ray, DVD and Digital from August 8. What’s even better is we have 2 pairs of both movies to give away on Blu-Ray.
To be in the draw just answer the question below…..
The Galloping Mayor
Directed by Henry Cornelius (I Am a Camera, Passport to Pimlico) and based on an idea by Basil Radford (The Captive Heart, Whisky Galore!), The Galloping Mayor is part of the Romulus Film Catalogue and features a stellar cast of the era including Basil Radford, Jimmy Hanley (The Blue Lamp, The Captive Heart), Hugh Griffith (Oliver!, Kind Hearts and Coronets), Janette Scott (School for Scoundrels, As Long as They’re Happy), A.E. Matthews (Laughter in Paradise, Whisky Galore!) and Charles Victor (The Ringer, Major Barbara). After a successful day at the races, Major Arthur Hill (Basil Radford) and Harold Temple (Hugh Griffith) decide to raise a £300 syndicate to buy a certain racehorse. With excited help from their friends (Janette Scott, Jimmy Hanley, Rene Ray, Joyce Grenfell, A. E. Matthews) they get the money, but things don’t go so smoothly from here. First, they accidentally buy the wrong horse which proves to have more of an affinity for jumping than racing. They then decide to train it themselves as a jumper under the new name “The Galloping Major”. However, on the night before the Grand National, the horse mysteriously disappears…
- NEW Locations featurette with Historian Richard Dacre
- NEW Betting On Success – Matthew Sweet On The Galloping Major
- Stills Gallery
The Flying Scot
This compact, claustrophobic British B-movie gem directed by Compton Bennett (The Seventh Veil, Man-Eater) and written by Norman Hudis (Carry on Nurse, The Duke Wore Jeans) and Ralph Smart (Always a Bride, Bush Christmas), features three very different career criminals, who join forces for a daring robbery attempt aboard the famous London-Glasgow passenger train The Flying Scotsman. Lee Patterson (Airplane 2, Checkpoint) is the man with the audacious plan and Kay Callard (White Hunter, The Electric Monster) his glamorous accomplice in this taut heist thriller with echoes of film noir, which also stars Alan Gifford (2001: A Space Odyssey, The Iron Petticoat) and Margaret Withers (Sin of Esther Waters, If Theis be Sin).
- NEW Interview with Steve Chibnall, Professor of British Cinema – The Flying Scot and the history of the British B-movie
- NEW Interview with writer & journalist Barry Forshaw
- Alternate Opening Sequence
- Stills Gallery
Terms & Conditions
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted via https://www.flushthefashion.com/ and only one entry per person is permitted.
- The opening date for entries is 25th July 2022. The closing date of the prize draw is 8th August 2022. Entries received after this time will not be valid
- [The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault [technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure] of any kind
- A winner will be chosen by random draw [performed by a computer process on 9th July
- 2 Winners will each receive a copy of the Blu-Ray
- The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) before 10th July 2022 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by post within 28 days of being notified of their win.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so].
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com within 10 of days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is Flush the Fashion