To celebrate its release on Blu-Ray, DVD and on-demand we have 2 copies of I am a Camera to give away.
Available to own on Blu-Ray for the very first time from 23rd May, I am a Camera is based on both the 1945 novel, ‘The Berlin Stories’ by Christopher Isherwood and its adaptation for the stage (also called ‘I Am a Camera’). The play was subsequently developed by Fred Ebb and John Kander as the iconic musical ‘Cabaret’ which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year.
The film is directed by Henry Cornelius (Passport to Pimlico, Geneveive) from a screenplay by John Collier (Deception, The War Lord). Laurence Harvey (The Manchurian Candidate, Room at The Top) stars as Christopher Isherwood and Julie Harris (The Haunting, East of Eden) recreates her Tony® Award-winning performance as Sally Bowles; marking the first onscreen appearance of the iconic character.The film, featuring an outstanding supporting cast including Shelley Winters (The Poseidon Adventure, A Place in The Sun) and Ron Randell (Kiss Me Kate, King of Kings).
Berlin, the 1930s. A young English writer (Laurence Harvey) arrives in the city and takes to sharing a flat with vivacious nightclub singer Sally Bowles (Julie Harris). Together they experience the mad swirl of bohemian life and dream of the successes that will be theirs in the future, but as the Swastika becomes an omnipresent symbol throughout the city, and as their Jewish friends begin to fall victim to Nazi persecution, it becomes apparent that there are dark days ahead.
Due to the scandal the play caused on its opening in 1951, the British Board of Film Censors (BBFC) and the Lord Chamberlain’s Office refused to approve any film adaptation unless substantial changes were made. Consequently, most of the play’s dialogue was rewritten to remove all objectionable material and key plot developments were removed. Despite these alterations, the film still received an ‘X’ certificate on release.
I am a Camera is released, complete with brand-new bonus material on Blu-Ray, DVD and Digital on May 23 and is a welcome addition to the ever-expanding Vintage Classics collection.
Terms & Conditions
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted via https://www.flushthefashion.com/ and only one entry per person is permitted.
- The opening date for entries is 1st May 2022. The closing date of the prize draw is 1st June 2022. Entries received after this time will not be valid
- [The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault [technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure] of any kind
- A winner will be chosen by random draw [performed by a computer process on 2nd June
- 2 Winners will each receive a copy of the Blu-Ray
- The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) before 3rd June 2022 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by post within 28 days of being notified of their win.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so].
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 of days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is Flush the Fashion.