Jason’s Sourdough, the creators of the artisan sourdough sliced loaf, and food stylist Jemma Loi have teamed up to create a naturally sweetened Stewed Autumnal Fruit Toast recipe, using Jason’s White Ciabattin.
This is the perfect breakfast for the chillier Autumn mornings or a delicious weekend treat for all the family to enjoy. The recipe is easily adaptable, meaning you can substitute any of the fruits for whatever you have to hand. What’s more, you can put a healthy spin on the recipe by using Jason’s Grains and Seeds Ciabattin!
Stewed Autumn Fruit Toast: Serves 2
Ingredients for the toast:
4 slices Jason’s Sourdough White Ciabattin
2 tsp Butter
A sprinkle of cinnamon
For the topping:
Autumnal fruits of choice (greengages, damsons, blackberries, figs, etc.)
1 tbsp brown sugar (per 250g of fruit)
½ tsp cinnamon (per 250g of fruit)
½ tbsp nutmeg
3-4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
To serve: a drizzle of honey
- For the topping, prepare your chosen fruit and add to a pan with the water, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until syrupy.
- Butter your slices of Jason’s White Ciabattin on both sides and sprinkle each side with cinnamon.
- Heat a large frying pan and fry your slices of bread for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden.
- Place two slices of bread on each serving plate and top each slice with the Greek yoghurt.
- Next, top with the stewed fruits and a drizzle of honey before serving.