STUDIOCANAL is releasing a brand-new restoration of the classic British comedy LAUGHTER IN PARADISE and we’ve got 2 copies to give away on DVD. Starring the great Alastair Sim (The Green Man, School for Scoundrels), directed by Mario Zampi (Mr. Potts Goes to Moscow) and written by Jack Davies (Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines…) and Michael Pertwee (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), this enormously entertaining black comedy originally released in 1951 will be released on DVD, Blu-Ray and Digital on June 29.
Supporting Sim are a veritable who’s who of the era including George Cole (The Happiest Days of Your Life), Fay Compton (The Haunting), Guy Middleton (The Captive Heart) and Hugh Griffith (Ben-Hur). The film also features an extremely early appearance on film from a young Audrey Hepburn.
To be in the draw just answer the following question.
This new version of LAUGHTER IN PARADISE comes looking better than ever and bundled with brand new bonus content and is a welcome addition to the Vintage Classics catalogue.
LAUGHTER IN PARADISE IS ON DVD, BLU-RAY & DIGITAL ON 29 JUNE
COMPLETE WITH NEW EXTRAS! Order from Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2XIDql6
Coming hot on the heels of the recently restored THE GREEN MAN, the two films are a must for any self-respecting Alastair Sim fan. The four remaining relatives of famed practical joker Henry Russell are brought together to hear his last will and testament, revealing a £50,000 inheritance for each of them, if they can complete a set task that is completely at odds with their character.
The assignments are designed to reflect their greatest shortcomings and test their ability to adapt, and ultimately change for the better. Law-abiding retired army officer Deniston (Alastair Sim) secretly writes scandalous novels, until he is given a week to get himself arrested for an actual crime and jailed for exactly 28 days. Haughty Agnes (Fay Compton) must find employment as a housekeeper in a middle- class home and retain her position for a month despite her disdain. Simon (Guy Middleton), a penniless womanising rogue, has to marry the first single woman he speaks to, such as the cigarette girl at the club he frequents (Audrey Hepburn). Finally, timid Herbert (George Cole) needs to hold up the bank manager he works for with a mask and a toy pistol. What could possibly go wrong?
DVD / Blu-Ray Extras
• New: Alastair Sim and Laughter in Paradise: Interview with Stephen Fry
• Ministry of Information short Nero: Save Fuel (1943) starring Alastair Sim & George Cole
• Behind The Scenes Stills Gallery
• Alastair Sim’s Rectorial Address at Edinburgh University (1949) – Audio only
• Easter Egg
Terms & Conditions
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted via https://www.flushthefashion.com/ and only one entry per person is permitted.
- The opening date for entries is Sat 6th June 2020. The closing date of the prize draw is 1st July 2020. Entries received after this time will not be valid
- [The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault [technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure] of any kind
- A winner will be chosen by random draw [performed by a computer process on 8th July 2020.
- The winner must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by post within 28 days of being notified of their win.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so].
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is Flush the Fashion