THE INTERNET’S OWN BOY depicts the fascinating story of internet prodigy, Aaron Swartz, who co-founded Reddit and worked as a political “hacktavist”. This documentary takes an intimate, personal look at the life of Swartz, and his tragic death, when he took his life at the early age of 26.
We have 3 copies available on DVD up for grabs.
This intriguing documentary will be available digitally 13th March 2015 and on DVD 16th March 2015. Drawing attention to this poignant film, we are giving away three DVD copies. This film tells a story of a promising youngster, who, over the course of his life, was a programmer, political organiser and activist. We witness his development of the basic internet protocol RSS as well as his co-founding of Reddit; it is clear to see that Swartz’s fingerprints are scattered across the internet. Nonetheless, it was Swartz’s groundbreaking work in social justice and his aggressive approach to information access that left him embroiled in a legal battle with the Federal government – a battle that ultimately cause him to take his own life.
To stand a chance of earning this moving documentary on DVD, answer the following question:
This competition is now closed.
THE INTERNET’S OWN BOY will be available digitally 13th March 2015 and on DVD 16th March 2015.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Closing Date Monday 30th March 2015
• The winner will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• Flush the Fashion do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
• No responsibility is accepted for entries made fraudulently.
• Unless otherwise stated, the Competition is open to all GB residents, except employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s).
• This competition is a game promoted by Flush The Fashion. Flush The Fashion’s decision is final in every situation and no correspondence will be entered into. Flush The Fashion reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition. These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
• Prizes unclaimed after 7 days will be deemed to have been forfeited and Flush The Fashion reserves the right to either offer the prize to the entrant whose entry is next drawn or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
• Flush The Fashion reserve the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value should the original prize become unavailable.