THE THIRD MAN, Carol Reed’s film noir masterpiece returns to cinemas to celebrate its 70th Anniversary for a one-day special UK-wide release on SUNDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER.
To celebrate this special cinema release, we are offering one lucky winner the chance to take home three British classics on Blu-ray: BRIGHTON ROCK, THE FALLEN IDOL and KIND HEARTS AND CORONETS. The winner will also take home a brand-new THE THIRD MAN poster (designed specially for this 70th anniversary release).
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the question below.
THE THIRD MAN stars Joseph Cotten (Citizen Kane) as Holly Martins, a naïve writer of pulp westerns, who arrives in a bombed-out, post-war Vienna to meet his childhood friend Harry Lime (Orson Welles), only to find that Lime has apparently been killed in a suspicious accident. Martins, too curious for his own good, hears contradictory stories about the circumstances of Lime’s death, and as witnesses begin to disappear he soon finds himself chased by unknown assailants. Complicating matters are the sardonic Major Calloway (Trevor Howard, Brief Encounter), head of the British forces, and Lime’s stage actress mistress, Anna Schmidt (Alida Valli). Will Martin’s curiosity lead him to discover things about his old friend that he’d rather not know?
The film, showing in stunning 4K, will be followed by a filmed Q&A hosted by Matthew Sweet with ANGELA ALLEN, the script supervisor on the production and special guest and fan of the film, director and screenwriter HOSSEIN AMINI (The Wings of the Dove, The Two Faces of January). A filmed musical performance from Cornelia Mayer, a Viennese zither player who trained with Anton Karas (the composer and performer of the iconic original soundtrack) will also be shown.
Studiocanal’s ‘Vintage Classics collection’ – showcases iconic British films, all fully restored and featuring brand new extra content.
WATCH THE THIRD MAN TRAILER HERE
Terms & Conditions
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted via https://www.flushthefashion.com/ and only one entry per person is permitted.
- The opening date for entries is 30th Sept 2019. The closing date of the prize draw is 31st Oct 2019. Entries received after this time will not be valid
- [The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault [technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure] of any kind
- A winner will be chosen by random draw [performed by a computer process on 1st Nov 2019
- The winner must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by post within 28 days of being notified of their win.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so].
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com within 10 days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is Flush the Fashion