This easy banana oat protein muffin recipe is bound to become a firm favourite. Packed with protein and a hint of chocolate, these muffins are the perfect afternoon pick me up for all the family.
Packed with protein and made with natural and organic YaconViva Yacon Syrup and YaconViva Cacao Nibs, this is the ideal low sugar, high protein sweet treat.
2 Small mashed bananas
50g Melted coconut oil
3 tbsp YaconViva Yacon Syrup
1 tsp Cinnamon or 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
80g YaconViva Cacao Nibs
80g Chopped Walnuts
1 tsp Almond Essence
1 Scoop Protein
1. Pre-heat the oven to 170c and grease a muffin tray.
2. Mix the oats, protein powder, YaconViva Cacao Nibs and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the mashed bananas, melted coconut oil, YaconViva Yacon Syrup and almond essence.
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and mix until it resembles a dough like texture. Fold in the walnuts slowly as it starts to form.
5. Transfer into a muffin tray and flatten with a spoon.
6. Leave for 5 minutes before baking for 15-17 minutes and golden brown on top.
7. Allow to cool before transferring to a serving plate and enjoy!
YaconViva Yacon Syrup and Yacon sweetened Cacao Nibs are available now from Amazon UK, good health stores and from yaconviva.co.uk
· YaconViva Yacon Syrup is £9.99 (RRP) for a 220g bottle.
· YaconViva Cacao Nibs is £9.99 (RRP) for a 300g pack.
Recipe created by @brunchinpairs / Laura Pyatt