STUDIOCANAL is releasing two newly restored films from the highly acclaimed Italian writer, director and actor, Nanni Moretti and we have 2 sets of both movies to give away on Blu-Ray.
To be in the draw just answer the following question…
Debuting on UK Blu-ray for the first time, Aprile (1998) and, the Palme D’or winning, The Son’s Room (La Stanza del Figlio, 2001) will be available to own from November 23. These stunning new restorations will also be available on DVD and Digital and are a welcome addition to the growing Vintage World Cinema Collection. The new restoration and digitisations were carried out in partnership with STUDIOCANAL and with the support of the CNC.
Available on DVD, Blu-Ray & Digital from November 23rd
PREORDER HERE: https://amzn.to/2IKzaMv
Nanni Moretti’s semi-autobiographical and humorous account of his experiences in fatherhood was nominated for a Palme D’or on its release in 1998. Beginning when his wife Silvia (played by Moretti’s actual wife, Silvia Nono) announces her pregnancy, family, work and politics mingle in a charming light-hearted tale with a large helping of irony and humour.
Following the general election of 1994, won by the centre-right coalition led by Silvio Berlusconi, Moretti is encouraged by a journalist friend to make a documentary about the current political situation in Italy.
Two years pass, another election is held, and he has still made no progress with his documentary. He starts another project (a musical about a Trotskyist pastry chef in the 1950’S) but becomes disillusioned and increasingly distracted by the pregnancy. When his son Pietro is born and the centre-left coalition Ulivo wins the election, he continues to try to shoot his documentary, but with the film remaining unfinished he must learn to stop hesitating in order to complete his passion project.
DVD / Blu-Ray Extras include Le cercle du cinéma (Festival de Cannes 1998).
DIRECTED BY: Nanni Moretti
WRITTEN BY: Nanni Moretti
STARRING: Nanni Moretti, Silvio Orlando, Silvia Nono, Pietro Moretti, Agata Apicella Moretti1998 / Cert: 12 / Total Running Time: 78 mins approx
The sons room (La Stanza del Figlio, 2001)
Nanni Moretti writes, directs and stars in this Palme D’or winning story of family grief and bereavement. Psychiatrist Giovanni (Moretti) lives happily with his family in a small Italian coastal town. One Sunday he is due to spend time with his son Andrea (Giuseppe Sanfelicem,AmeriQua), when he receives an anguished call from Oscar, one of his patients, and feels he must go and see him instead; however later that afternoon Andrea accidentally drowns in a diving accident.
Over the following weeks, Giovanni, his wife Paola (Laura Morante, Cherry on the Cake), and daughter Irene (Jasmine Trinca, The Gunman), remain shell-shocked with grief; with Giovanni suspending his practice, and relations between himself and Paola becoming increasingly difficult. When a letter then arrives from a girl who Andrea had met the previous summer, who none of the family knew anything about, they all become curious to learn more about this person who meant so much to their departed son and brother.
DVD / Blu-Ray Extras include an Interview with Nanni Moretti and Laura Morante (Cannes Film Festival 2001).
DIRECTED BY: Nanni Moretti
WRITTEN BY: Nanni Moretti
STARRING: Nanni Moretti, Laura Morante, Giuseppe Sanfelice, Jasmine Trinca2001 / Cert: 15/ Total Running Time: 99 mins approx
About Nanni Moretti
Born in 1953, NANNI MORETTI is a multi-disciplined award-winning filmmaker and a lifelong resident of Rome. Claiming that he is not a film director in the traditional sense, rather a man who makes a film when he has something to say, Moretti began his relationship with film after finishing high school when he sold his stamp collection to fund his first super8 camera. Having learnt his craft by shooting home-made short films with his friends, his professional movie-making career began in earnest in 1976 with the release of his debut feature Sono un Autarchico (I am Self-Sufficient).
Moretti has gained international acclaim as a writer, director, producer and actor who frequently stars in his films along with members of his family. Throughout a career spanning over a quarter of a century, 26 films and countless awards including the prestigious Palme D’or for The Son’s Room, Moretti continues to be a prolific and independent filmmaker whose work continues to blend trenchant social commentary with a humour and lightness of touch.
Terms & Conditions
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted via https://www.flushthefashion.com/ and only one entry per person is permitted.
- The opening date for entries is Tue 10th Nov 2020. The closing date of the prize draw is 8th Dec 2020. Entries received after this time will not be valid
- [The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault [technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure] of any kind
- A winner will be chosen by random draw [performed by a computer process on 9th Dec 2020
- The winner must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by post within 28 days of being notified of their win.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so].
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com within 10 days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is Flush the Fashion