Perfect for those warm summer evenings, this simple yet impressive pudding is bound to become a firm favourite.
Made with summer berries and their syrupy juices layered with Lizi’s Original Granola, softly whipped cream and thick yoghurt to make a pretty pudding perfect for lunch or dinner in the garden.
INGREDIENTS TO SERVE 6
- 600g berries (roughly 300g strawberries, 200g raspberries, 100g blueberries and currants)
- 100g sugar
- 250ml double cream (whipped)
- 2 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 100g Greek yoghurt
- 250g Lizi’s Original Granola
- A pinch of sea salt
- Put the berries into a saucepan with the sugar. Over a medium heat, bring to a simmer and cook, stir gently a few times to stop them sticking. Let them bubble gently for about 5-8 minutes (if you are using frozen berries, then defrost first and then pop into the pan).
- Whisk the cream and icing sugar until it forms thick soft peaks, and then fold in the Greek yogurt using a large metal spoon or spatula.
- Line a pudding bowl or a loose-bottomed deep cake tin with cling film. Use two pieces of cling film and leave plenty of overhang – check all of the inside of the bowl is completely covered and there is a good 20cm overhang as this will help you get it out easily.
- Spoon a third of the granola on the bottom of the lined tin or bowl
- Spoon a generous layer of the berries onto the granola.
- Add a third of the cream and yogurt mix. Smooth to cover the fruit.
- Then repeat adding in more granola, fruit and then cream mixture in layers.
- Keep a little of the cream and fruit to one side in the fridge.
- Drizzle a final layer of granola on top.
- Place a plate face down on top to cover the pudding. Put into the fridge for a minimum of four hours to overnight to chill and firm up.
- Take the pudding out of the fridge and gently turn it upside down onto the plate. It should come away easily when carefully lifted off the pudding bowl.
- Peel away the cling film then take the remaining cream mixture and spoon on top of the pudding, swirling in the crushed berries and some of the berry syrup on top and down the sides to decorate.
- Decorate with edible flowers, serve and enjoy!
If you have a special event coming up, the pudding can be made three days before as long as stored tightly wrapped and kept refrigerated.
Lizi’s Original Granola: RRP £3.70 for 500g, available from Sainsbury’s, Tesco, ASDA and Ocado.
For more info visit www.lizis.co.uk/shop/original-granola