This recipe for Mushroom Granola Traybake caught my eye and it’s definitely something I am going to try at home. The buttery mushrooms are layered with potatoes and meltingly good cheese and topped with a moreish granola crunch. Just add a simple salad and you have an excellent, cosy midweek supper. Perfect!
2 tablespoons of rapeseed or olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
500g mushrooms, thinly sliced
Squeeze of lemon juice
Salt and pepper
50g gruyere, coarsely grated
50g parmesan or strong cheddar, finely grated
500g potatoes scrubbed but leave skin on then thinly slice with a grater
100g Lizi’s Original Granola
METHOD TO SERVE 2-4
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Place a frying pan on the hob with a medium heat. Whilst that heats up, using a sharp knife and chopping board, finely chop the onion and mushrooms.
- Add the oil and onion and cook until it starts to soften.
- Add the mushrooms, salt & pepper and butter. Cook until softened. Take off the heat and put to one side.
- Thinly slice the potatoes and cook in a pan of salted boiling water for around 10 minutes or until soft. Gently drain when cooked.
- Place half of the cooked potatoes into an ovenproof baking dish. Add in half the onion and mushroom mix. Sprinkle with some thyme, salt & pepper, a knob of butter and a little squeeze of lemon juice.
- Add the remaining potatoes and mushrooms on top. Add some more herbs and season.
- Bake on a low shelf in the preheated oven for around 25-30 minutes.
- Carefully lift out of the oven, spread the Lizi’s Original Granola on top and then add the cheeses on top.
- Turn the oven up to 200c and put the traybake back in the oven on a higher shelf.
- Bake for a further ten minutes or until golden and bubbly on top.
- Serve with a simple green salad and enjoy!
Lizi’s Original Granola RRP £3.89 for 500g, available from Tesco, ASDA, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and Ocado. For more info visit https://www.lizis.co.uk