As autumn creeps in, Jason’s Sourdough has teamed up with food blogger, Jennifer Leigh, to create a speedy, yet cosy seasonal cinnamon french toast recipe.
Made with Jason’s Sourdough White Ciabattin and plant milk, this vegan treat will be sure to have everyone asking for seconds!
The Recipe (Serves: 2)
● Jason’s Sourdough White Ciabattin
● 60ml of plant milk
● 2 tbsp of vanilla essence
● 30g Cinnamon
● 30g of brown sugar
● 1tsp of vegan butter for frying
- Cut off all the crusts from the Jason’s Sourdough and roll out the bread to create a thin, densely packed bread base.
- To cut into shape, either use a circle-shaped cutter or simply cut around a glass base and shape into a pumpkin or an apple by cutting off excess. (Be careful not to cut the holes into the pumpkin/apple shapes just yet, as they may fall apart in the dunking process!)
- In a large bowl, add your plant milk and vanilla essence.
- One by one, dip your shaped bread into the plant milk and vanilla mixture.
- Heat a knob of butter in a pan, once sizzling, add your bread shapes to the pan and let fry either side until slightly brown and firm.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a different bowl.