We’ve just finished Veganuary and Pancake day is getting closer (Tuesday 25th Feb) so I thought it would be nice to get in early and share with you this recipe by Juliet Sear for Vegan Pancakes. They’re delicious, easy to make and a fresh take on a British classic.
• 140g Self Raising Flour (We like Allinson)
• 2 tbsp Unrefined Golden Caster Sugar (We use Billington’s)
• 10g Baking Powder
• 1 tsp Salt
• 240ml Soymilk
• 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (We like Nielsen Massey)
- Place add all dry ingredients in a large bowl, whisk through to combine and aeriate.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry mixture and whisk together, taking care not to over mix
- Let batter sit for a couple minutes while your pan/griddle heats to medium-low
- When your cooking surface is heated, lightly grease it (I use a little vegan butter)
- Pour about 1/8 of batter into the pan (use a mug or ladle)
- When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden and puffy
- Serve warm with Billington’s Amber Maple Syrup and fresh fruit, or any toppings you fancy!
Amber Maple Syrup and Very Dark Maple Syrup are packaged in recyclable glass bottles and are now available to purchase at Waitrose or £6.99. For more info visit www.waitrose.com
Juliet Sear is a baking expert, cook, food stylist, TV presenter and best selling author. www.julietsear.co.uk