Can’t wait to dig out your jumper collection? Then it’s time to consider that autumnal wardrobe to ensure you look sharp when the leaves start to turn and that summer of partying and chilling in the garden with a few beers becomes a distant memory. Check out these five key looks to embrace this season:
The low-key lover
Hot date lined up? You want to look sharp but keep it low key at the same time. Grab these items:
• An easy to throw on leather jacket – Leather is always a good look when you’re trying to impress that girl or guy, grab that jacket and throw it on at the end of the night for that nonchalant bad boy vibe.
• A basic white t-shirt – You just can’t go wrong with one of these. Pick one up in a V neck style – it’s flattering on the neckline.
• Complementary dark jeans – Dark jeans are a style staple all year round but work best with an A/W wardrobe.
• The desert boots – nothing says suave more than a pair of suede boots, plus they’re great for cooler autumn evenings walking to your date destination.
The Dressed to Impress for all Weathers
Heading to the office? Got a family dinner booked in the diary? Here’s what you need to wear for the autumn months:
• A Harrington jacket – Not heard of this style? They’re essentially a way smarter version of your fave bomber jacket and look sharp at all times. www.superdry.com offers one of the best collections of this jacket style, with easy to throw on zip ups and luxe materials.
• A strong silk shirt – It’s time to leave the tropical prints behind and adopt something a little more sophisticated this season. Silk shirts are having a moment for autumn/winter so pick one of these up (and enjoy attempting to iron them again after a wash).
• Choose a chino – Longer length chinos are perfect for smarter autumnal looks. Choose darker colours though (grey or navy) and leave the tan shades for the summer months.
• Embrace the brogue – Brogues look good whatever but pair them with the pieces above and you’ll be nailing those smarter occasions.
The Sportswear Chic
Athleisurewear is the perfect excuse to stretch your gym gear into your everyday looks, here’s how for autumn:
• A track jacket – A waterproof running jacket is ideal for those evening jogs but it’s also great for throwing on when you’re heading out and the weather’s a bit dim.
• Say it with slogan tees – A slogan t-shirt is loved by gym worshippers everywhere, so grab a couple just for your low key athletic look.
• That dark denim… again – Grab those dark jeans to ensure you don’t look like you’re dressed head to toe in gym gear. Athleisurewear is all about mixing and matching sports gear with your everyday items.
• The fashion trainers – You could be going for a run… or you could just be mega comfy when you nip into town at the weekend.
The Bar Crawler
Hitting the bars in town? Grab these pieces:
• A duster coat – Longer lengths jackets won’t look out of place when you hit the cocktail bars with your mates. Opt for camel shades, which you’re going to see everywhere again this season.
• Roll neck jumper – Oh yes, pull that turtleneck back out the wardrobe this autumn to nail those cool weather vibes and sophisticated styles. Moss green or navy are good choices.
• Bring out the black skinnies – Skinny jeans are always a good call when you’re going heavy on the layers. Opt for black to keep things simple.
• Feature your fashion trainers – Erring on the edge of casual, these are a great way of breaking up a smarter look and are fine if you’re not heading to any bars with strict dress codes.
Finally, you need a look that’s ideal for those chill evenings round your partner’s or hanging with mates:
• The cable knit jumper – A classic cold weather staple, go for a burgundy shape for those true autumn vibes.
• The ‘could be smart’ joggers – A plain black pair of joggers are comfy enough to lounge in but don’t look terrible if you pop into the supermarket on your way round.
• That basic t-shirt again – Works for a multitude of situations, right?
• The slip on canvas trainers – Easy to pull on, easy to take off, still look good.
Ready to nail those autumn looks? Try out some of these styles above and look good all season.