Brian May is a bona fide guitar legend and ever since his early days in the world of music there’s been one thing with him every step of the way; ‘Red Special’ the guitar he built himself with his Father way back in 1963.
He’s used the guitar on every Queen album and in all of Queen’s live shows around the world, from the the roof of Buckingham Palace, to Live Aid, to the closing ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics and beyond.
A new book written by Brian with journalist Simon Bradley tells the fascinating story of the guitars history accompanied with original diagrams, sketches and notes dating from the building of ‘Red Special’, as well as a fantastic selection of photographs including close-ups and x-rays of the priceless guitar along with shots of Brian in concert.
To enter our competition to win one of three copies just answer the following question.
Alternatively send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be in the draw.
Brian May’s Red Special ‘The Story of the Home-made Guitar that Rocked Queen and the World’ is published by Backbeat Books, for more info visit www.halleonardbooks.com
Winner picked at random from all entries. Editors decision is final. Closing date, 1st Dec 2014
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Closing Date 1st December 2014
• The winner will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• Flush the Fashion do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
• No responsibility is accepted for entries made fraudulently.
• Unless otherwise stated, the Competition is open to all GB residents, except employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s).
• This competition is a game promoted by Flush The Fashion. Flush The Fashion’s decision is final in every situation and no correspondence will be entered into. Flush The Fashion reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition. These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
• Prizes unclaimed after 7 days will be deemed to have been forfeited and Flush The Fashion reserves the right to either offer the prize to the entrant whose entry is next drawn or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
• Flush The Fashion reserve the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value should the original prize become unavailable.