Jason’s Sourdough, the creators of the artisan sourdough sliced loaf, and food and travel blogger, Elizabeth Atia, have teamed up to create a simple creamy seafood chowder recipe, accompanied with a serving of Jason’s artisan sourdough. A perfect cosy dish to warm you up on a cold winter’s day.
2 tbsp butter
1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
2 tbsp plain flour
500ml fish stock (or chick or vegetable)
2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
450g salmon, diced
220g smoked haddock, diced
200ml double cream
250g winkles, cooked
50g rainbow chard, chopped
Fresh parsley, to garnish
1. Heat the butter in a soup pot and gently cook the onion and carrot, stirring occasionally, for about five minutes, until it softens.
2. Sprinkle over the flour and cook for a further minute, stirring constantly.
3. Add the fish stock and potatoes. Simmer, over low heat, for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
4. Add the milk, salmon and haddock and cook a further ten minutes until the fish is cooked.
5. Add the double cream and rainbow chard and heat through until the chard has wilted.
6. Serve with the winkles, fresh parsley and buttered Jason’s Sourdough.
Recipe created by Elizabeth Atia (Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary) in partnership with Jason’s Sourdough, available at M&S, RRP £1.80.