STUDIOCANAL is pleased to announce that the gripping BBC One drama The Child in Time – a film adaptation by Stephen Butchard of Ian McEwan’s Whitbread Prize winning novel of the same name, which drew in an audience of 5.7 million viewers when it first aired – is available on digital download now and will be available on DVD from 30 October 2017.
Available to pre-order now: http://amzn.to/2fJhAXx. To celebrate, we’re giving away 2xDVDs! To be in with the chance of winning, just answer this question:
Starring Benedict Cumberbatch (who also produced the drama with his company SunnyMarch) and Kelly Macdonald as the parents of a child who goes missing, The Child in Time is a lyrical and heartbreaking exploration of love, loss and the power of things unseen.
Stephen Lewis (Cumberbatch), a successful writer of children’s books, is confronted with the unthinkable: he loses his only child, four-year-old Kate, in a supermarket. In one horrifying moment that replays itself over the years that follow, Stephen realises his daughter is gone.
With tenderness and insight, the film explores a marriage devastated by the loss of a child. Kate’s absence sets Stephen and his wife, Julie (Macdonald), on diverging paths as both struggle with an all-consuming grief. With the passage of time, a balance of sorts returns, until hope surfaces and triumphs unexpectedly.
THE CHILD IN TIME is available now on Digital Download and on DVD from 30th October 2017
Terms & Conditions
• Competition will close on 20th December 2017
• Open to UK residents only
• Prize for 2 (two) winners will be 1X The Child In Time
• Prize is subject to availability. Events may occur that make the awarding of the Prize impractical or inappropriate due to unforeseen circumstances or reasons beyond the control of the Promoter. In this situation, FTF may vary or amend the Prize to provide a reasonable alternative as a result of which the Promoter or parties connected to the Promoter shall not be held liable
• If the winner fails to respond within 7 days of notification, they will be deemed void and an alternative winner will be contacted
• No cash or credit alternative is available and the Prize is not transferable.
• FTF reserves the right to refuse entry or eject the Competition Winner and/or their guest from the premiere if either engages in unacceptable behaviour (as determined by FTF. in its sole discretion)
• Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Prize winner.
• Prize details are correct at time of publication.
• If any Prize or element thereof becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, FTF reserves the right to substitute with a Prize of equivalent rating and audience at its sole discretion.
• The Promoter of this competition is www.flushthefashion.com.
• Winner will be contacted by email within 7 days of closing date.