BELLE is inspired by the true story of Dido Elizabeth Belle (Gugu Mbatha-Raw), the illegitimate mixed race daughter of a Royal Navy Admiral. Raised by her aristocratic great-uncle Lord Mansfield (Tom Wilkinson) and his wife (Emily Watson), Belle’s lineage affords her certain privileges, yet the colour of her skin prevents her from fully participating in the traditions of her social standing. Left to wonder if she will ever find love, Belle falls for an idealistic young vicar’s son bent on change who, with her help, shapes Lord Mansfield’s role as Lord Chief Justice to end slavery in England.
Directed by Amma Asante and starring Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Tom Wilkinson – the film is released in cinemas on the 13 June.
To celebrate we’re treating our readers an opportunity to win some exciting merchandise including:
A copy of the book the film is based on
A copy of the soundtrack
1 x BELLE scarf
1 x BELLE notebook
1 x BELLE tote bag
For your chance to win this prize, simply answer this question:
BELLE IN UK CINEMAS JUNE 13.
Terms & Conditions
• Competition closes Fri 27th June
• Entrants must be UK residents.
• Prize for 2 (two) winners is 1 x copy of BELLE book, 1 x copy of the BELLE soundtrack, 1 x tote bag, 1 x scarf, 1 x notebook
• There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
• Winners will be picked and contacted by the site. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address.
• Winners name, contact number and address will be passed to a third party provider for delivery.
• The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
• Should these products be unavailable at the time of purchase for the winner we reserve the right to substitute with an alternative of equal or greater value.