- Sponsored Feature: The Adventures of BB ...
- Audi Range Review 2013
- Win 'A Big Ass Spider! and 'The ...
- Damien Jurado - St Pancras Old Church, ...
- Film Review: Jeune et Jolie
- WIN Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa Goodies
- Live Review: 30 Seconds To Mars - O2 Arena
- Film Review: Parkland
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- Silver Timothy - Damien Jurado
Bravestation – Western Thrills
Are Bravestation the future of indie pop?
The beach is a fun enough place to visit every once in awhile.
Sun, sand, surf, and…other words that start with s.
After you’re done picking sand out of places and nursing sunburns, it’s time to pick up, pack up and set off for more adventurous musical destinations. (I’m talking to you beachgazers.)
Perhaps you could use something with a little more texture, that has some mystery to it but is still in essence great pop (solid groove & hooks with brilliant singing). Enter Bravestation, a Toronto four piece playing “quirky tribal pop” with some New Wave sheen.
Equally acquainted with Foals and Fear of Music, these latest worldbeat torch bearers just released their debut album, Giants & Dreamers is now out.
Check out the excellent video for single “Western Thrills” below.
For more info visit www.bravestation.bandcamp.com
10th July 2012
IT’S AWESOME! The fact that they have girl underpants in a vending machine for drunk business men to sniff and take home on the train I mean, that’s a bit weird.